Wednesday, February 9, 2011

South Dakota

We are spending some time in South Dakota getting to know our new grandson, Gabriel. I hope that my childrens picture book from Waterbrookmultnomah will be there waiting for me when I return.

While this post has nothing to do with books, I really wanted to share how great it is to be a grandparent. I had forgotten how small newborns are even at 8lbs.5oz. They are easy to hold and so much fun to cuddle. I love watching the faces he makes while he is sleeping in my arms. He startles very easily and seems uncomfortable with the big world in which he finds himself. When he is swaddled, he is so much more comfortable and drifts off to sleep quickly. I love how he smells with the baby smell of lotion and soap just after his bath. Even his cry is appealing as it is just a request for food or pants changing. As I hold him, I wonder what kind of a boy he will be and how he will get along with his big sister, Grace. His grandpa will baptize him on Sunday and through Water and the Word, Gabriel Joseph will become a redeemed child of God. Thank you, Jesus for this wonderful gift you have given to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment